The aim of the Thinking Body Institute (TBI) is to advance the approach to somatic movement education currently best known as Ideokinesis. Since 2005, we have offered the following:
- www.Ideokinesis.com – A website introducing the field with essays on three generations of teachers and an extensive bibliography of publications. http://www.ideokinesis.com/
- TBI Archive – A digital reference room that acquires, organizes, preserves, and displays historical items about the lives and teaching careers of Mabel Todd, Barbara Clark, Lulu Sweigard, and André Bernard. https://thinkingbody.org/archive/
- TBI Catalog – Information on educational resources that are currently available for purchase. https://thinkingbody.org/education/catalog/
- TBI Exchange – A venue that provides information about the activities of Archive subscribers and TBI news items. https://thinkingbody.org/exchange/
- TBI Media – A publishing company that distributes a selection of high-quality reprints, books, and digital media related to Todd’s educational premise. https://tbi-media.org/
Currently, our organization is facing an increasingly challenging economic environment. If you benefit from the resources and services of the Thinking Body Institute, please help us to keep our “house” in order. Here is what you can do:
- Enlarge your somatics library with books and audio files from the TBI Media Store. All proceeds from purchases support the activities of the Institute.
- If your work is affiliated with an academic library, ask your subject area specialist to order our publications.
- Please send us information about related organizations that would enlarge our network.
- If you regularly distribute lists of resources in the field to students or colleagues, include the link to our website. https://thinkingbody.org/
- Finally, please consider making a financial contribution to the Thinking Body Institute. Click the button below to go to a secure PayPal site where you can contribute.